- What are the services?
- Where are FastPortal services hosted? How do I know a page is part of FastPortal?
- What information is handled by FastPortal?
- With what intent does FastPortal process information?
- Who does FastPortal provide information to?
- How does FastPortal protect your information?
- What are you rights?
- What are cookies and how does FastPortal use them?
- To what extent is FastPortal responsible or liable?
- Can this privacy statement be changed?
- How can you get further information?
1. What are the services?
FastPortal provides customer service portals as a service to other companies or organizations. We call an organization/company that uses our Services a Tenant. Tenants can register their own FastPortal Instance using either a subdomain (like mycompany.fastportal.com) or their own domain like (portal.tenantcompany.com). Either way, we refer to this as a FastPortal Instance. Everyone who uses the services is called a User. Some Users are Team Members. If a User is not a Team Member they can only ever see their own information. Team Members can see private information about other Users (including Team Members) as well. Tenants and their users can use FastPortal to, among other things:
- give insight into the steps involved in a service provided by the Tenant (workflows)
- store, share, upload, download and manipulate documents and files (document management)
- securely send messages between users (messaging)
- invoice users for products or services (invoicing and product management)
- receive payments for invoices (payments)
- keep a to-do list of work under way (to-do lists)
- store personal information about users in order to better provide services (user & team member management)
- all related services
2. Where are FastPortal services hosted? How do I know a page is part of FastPortal?
All FastPortal services are hosted and managed by FastPortal on Amazon Web Services infrastructure in Ireland. The services can be reached from the FastPortal.com domain, other domains owned by FastPortal, domains owned by tenants and pointed to the FastPortal managed servers and/or subdomains of any of the aforementioned domains.
Tenants may change the appearance of their Instance to match their house style. As a result a page may not always be easily identifiable as part of FastPortal. Therefore, we have included a few ways to know you are on a FastPortal operated webpage:
All webpages that are part of the FastPortal services will have a link the Terms & Conditions, Privacy Statement and Copyright Statement. These pages will always mention FastPortal. Furthermore, all FastPortal webpages will contain a comment in the source code identifying the page as part of FastPortal. (Most modern web browsers allow you to see the source code of any page.)
If you are unsure whether a page is operated by FastPortal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
3. What information is handled by FastPortal?
In order to make an account Users must provide:
- email address;
- first name;
- last name;
- a password;
- gender (for salutation purposes).
Additionally, Tenants must provide:
- Company information for billing by FastPortal;
- Additional company information if they want to receive payments through a payment service provider on the FastPortal service.
After registration, other information can be provided by the user at their discretion. This may include sensitive data, such as social security numbers, bank account details, birth dates, purchases, purchase history, etc.
4. With what intent does FastPortal process information?
FastPortal will only use information for the following purposes:
- Billing of tenants for the used services;
- FastPortal may use your email address to send you our newsletter or notices about FastPortal or the instance(s) you have an account with;
- Verification of the identity of Tenants or Admins if they request service from a FastPortal employee.
5. Who does FastPortal provide information to?
FastPortal will never share your personal information with any third party who is not the tenant (or a team member of the tenant) of the instance you have an account with.
6. How does FastPortal protect your information?
FastPortal takes proper technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss, theft or any other illegal/unwanted manipulation.
7. What are you rights?
You have the right to ask FastPortal what personal information we have saved about you. FastPortal will respond to any such request within 4 weeks. You may then request FastPortal update, alter, improve, fix, delete or hide any such information. You may send such a request to email@example.com.
8. What are cookies and how does FastPortal use them?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your hard disk by a website you visit. A cookie contains information about your visit to the website. A cookie can only be recognized and accessed by the website that created it. Cookies can be used to track how and when you visit which pages on a website.
- To store information about your session. That way you do not have to reenter your username and password every time you open a new browser window or tab. It is also used to store some of your preferences, so you do not need to enter them every time you visit.
- So called “first party analytics” cookies. These are used to see which pages users visit. We use this information to optimize FastPortal. This information is anonymized and it is impossible to trace the information back to an individual user. Furthermore, this information will never be provided to third parties.
You can at any time disable the user of cookies in your browser. This may adversely affect your use of FastPortal services.
9. To what extent is FastPortal responsible or liable?
FastPortal is only responsible for the proper application of this Privacy Statement on webpages and/or services owned and operated directly by FastPortal. FastPortal, like virtually any other web application, relies on and links to third party applications and services. FastPortal is not responsible or liable for how such third parties deal with sensitive information.
If you believe a third party in any way affiliated with FastPortal (including a tenant) is improperly dealing with sensitive data or in breach of privacy legislation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate and always respond to your email.
10. Can this privacy statement be changed?
11. How can you get further information?
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us at email@example.com. We try to respond to all emails within a week.